Monday, October 3, 2011

Library Mouse Lesson

I read the book, The Library Mouse, by Daniel Kirk to grade 1 students. It's about a mouse who writes and illustrates his own books then hides them in the library. After reading the book the students made their own book. They had to show me their book when they were done and I videotaped them using the iTouch as they read it to me. Afterwards they had the choice to hide the book in the library, bring it home, or put it in our publishing center. What was interesting is that many of the students said more than they had written and some who are just learning English just drew pictures and told the story verbally. We talked about writing with a beginning, middle and end. Here's an example:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DNJCS0H7U[/youtube]

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete