Friday, April 22, 2011

Free Audiobooks and eBooks

Did you know that you can borrow audiobooks and e-books for free from your local public library? You need to get a library card in Taipei or the States. In Taipei, you have to go in-person to get a library card. The closest  libraries to TAS are Shipai and Tianmu. You need to bring your ARC/passport and fill out an application form. If you want a library card for your child you need a to bring your household registration certificate. More detailed information is at the Taipei Public Library website: http://english.tpml.edu.tw/lp.asp?ctNode=42528&CtUnit=5343&BaseDSD=7&mp=104022. In the States, the application varies depending where you live. I applied online. Audiobooks and e-books can be downloaded to your iPod, Nook,  MP3 Player, Android, iPhone, iTouch and more. E-books will be available for download to the Kindle some time this year.

I have created a video that shows photos of the Shipai and Tianmu libraries, as well as, how to download e-books: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCAmYGVTMgE[/youtube]

6 comments:

  1. Howdy are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own. Do you require any html coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; we have developed some nice practices and we are looking to swap techniques with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've been following your site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete